Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Around the world and back again.


If any of you know me, you know that I love to travel. It has become one of the most important things in my life. It's hard to explain, but the more I see, the less I really know and the more I need to see. I think it is really healthy for a few reasons. It helps you appreciate what you do have and your own culture, It relaxes you and opens your eyes to new and exciting experiences, it makes you more aware of how the world works as a whole, and you meet new friends and get to see different geography and architecture than what you're used to. I hope to travel as much as I possibly can in my lifetime. Some amazing places I've been: Mexico, Uganda, England, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Brazil. I hope to go many many more. All these places have taught me really important things about the world and also myself. My favorite so far has been Jamaica. I was blown away by the beauty of the place, the people were amazing, and just the way of life in general is so silly that it's enjoyable. Most of all, I met my soul mate Simon there :) He's the love of my life so Jamaica will always hold such a special place in my heart. Where is the best place you've traveled been? Even if it's somewhere in your back neighborhood or a far away country, and why?

3 comments:

  1. Let's go somewhere! I want to go to Greece, Egypt, New Zeland, central America anddddddddd NYC. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love to travel. Must do more of this! So far I've been to Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, the Cook Islands, and most of the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you on Aunt Sally's blog. Ours is bandetippetts.blogspot.com. Congrats on just getting married BTW!!!

    ReplyDelete